Friday, June 11, 2010

The Gulf Oil Spill

I can't tell you how much the awful situation in the Gulf of Mexico is to me. I am a lifetime resident of Houston and live less than 60 miles from the Galveston and the Gulf. I have a hard time watching the images of the animals covered with oil, the tar rolling up on the beautiful beaches and the utter destruction of the wetlands. I am heart broken for those that lost their lives the day of the blast and for the people whose very livelihood is been taken away.

I am afraid that even if that oil well were shut down today (not happening unfortunately) the impact on the people and the environment will stretch for years if not decades.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi & Florida as you battle this disaster. I also pray that we don't have a storm form in the Gulf that will make a nightmare situation even worse.

No comments: